Found in latest news, some useful info
At Well Cultivated, we stock many eco fabrics and clothing and have had to look at each in turn to see if they really are eco or are they just a passing fashion fad. As we personally visit many manufacturers we try and sort out the truth from the rubbish and what constitutes classing a fabric as eco. Below, we give a list of popular fabrics as well as a few lesser know fabrics coming soon to you. We then mention at the end some brief eco facts, for you to take away with, about clothing and how a few choices can make a big difference.The first question is :- What is an eco fabric? It is not a simple case of man-made fibres or natural that makes a fabric eco, there are a lot more factors that need considering:-
• Is growing the raw material good for the environment?
• The harmful manufacturing processes to the planet and the workers.
• The eco-harmful dyes used.
• Is it grown close to demand (low shipping miles) or flown in by air?
• How long the fabric lasts before needing replacing
• The heat of washing and drying it required.
• Finally, the methods of disposal or recycling the clothes.
Glossary of Eco Fabrics (click below)